Many of us used them as “medicine” when we were young. Many parents use them as a sweet incentive or reward for their kids. Whatever the reason for them, Smarties continue to be fun!
Smarties® are small colorful candy wafers, still as good as they were 64 years ago!
Smarties Candy Company is owned and operated by three generations of the Dee family. Billions of Smarties® rolls are produced each year in two candy factories in New Jersey and Ontario.
A few fun facts you didn’t know about Smarties®:
- Smarties® are made 24 hours a day!
- A roll of Smarties® has only 25 calories!
- Smarties® come in 6 colors and 6 flavors:
White = Orange/Cream
Yellow = Pineapple
Pink = Cherry
Green = Strawberry
Purple = Grape
Orange = Orange
- Smarties® are gluten free – in fact their entire line is gluten free. (Bonus Fact: If the UPC number on the product packaging begins with number “0 11206” - that means it is manufactured in a facility that is gluten free.)
- All Smarties® products are vegetarian and vegan.
Now, here’s an interesting twist:
If you head over to the UK or another European country and have a craving for Smarties – do not expect to get the candy you are used to! Smarties in the UK and Europe are sugarcoated chocolate confectionary that comes in 8 colors and resemble M&M’s!
For wholesale Smarties that we know and love, and other wholesale candies, your trusted source is Weaver Nut Company.